[oi-dev] Fuse and NTFS-3g

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:54:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 04:34 -0500, Alex Viskovatoff wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 04:15 +0000, Bayard G. Bell wrote:
> > I think fuse support is something that
> > should be coordinated with the illumos upstream, including giving
> > SFE-maintained patches a long-term home.
>
> Why do you hate SFE? There's nothing short-term about it.

[snip]

You've misunderstood the sense in which I call invoke a "short-term". I
mean that in term of having an upstream to accept patches. I've yet to
run into a porting project that loves carrying an accumulation of
patches that lack an upstream or upstream acceptance. When I speak of a
need to fork and suggest that the SFE patches should be reviewed for
acceptance by the new upstream, I can't see how that's a dig against
SFE.

Others have read and responded to my remarks and understood them as
intended, and I see no reasonable basis for further claims that I "hate"
SFE and "continually" dismiss and deride it in any form. If you're
concerned that something I've said could be mistaken for a negative
remark about SFE, I'd happily respond to a question seeking
clarification, but I don't count being flamed on a public list as a
reasonable response, certainly not when you're posting after other

I hope and expect that you will withdraw your remarks for such reasons.

Regards,
Bayard