[oi-dev] oi-build feature #1252 - GCC 4.6.2

Igor Kozhukhov ikozhukhov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:43:15 UTC 2011

Big problems - they are GCC_LIBS.

We can't use different GCC version from /usr/gcc/<version> with GCC_LIBS
from one place - because we have for example: libgcc_s.so.1 and others
with the same names for different GCC versions and we have to use
libgcc_s.so for -lgcc_s flags for linker.

We don't  have problems with tools if we are using static libs, but we
have a big problems with dynamic libs - have to identify where primary
libs is locate.

We can put libs to different places, but it is next problem - we have to
use RPATH for identification where libs locate - it is not good solution.

Next problem - not critical, but present - we have package with GCC_LIBS
and we have dependencies to this package in tools after builds. We have to
re-build all tools after changing package name.

Will be better to have ONE GCC version on the system and use it.

This is example for GCC4.4 and GCC4.6 - not for GCC3 from /usr/sfw.

-Igor