[oi-dev] open-fabrics pkg on OpenIndiana 151a

Syoyo Fujita syoyofujita at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:50:38 UTC 2011

Hello Alasdair,

Thank you for quick response.

As reported https://www.illumos.org/issues/378,
I got same problem in building open-fabrics, and I resolve it by
replacing /usr/include/sys/ib/adaptors/* header files provided by
Oracle Solaris 11.
Current tavor and hermon header files shipped with OI seems old, even
though I don't know it is ok to just replace header files with new
one.

Also, I have to add AF_INET_SDP 33 definition to /usr/include/sys/socket.h
(This is also added in Solaris 11's header file).

With this, most components of open-fabrics compile OK.
But could not run rdma_bw command for example. I got seg fault.

$ ./rdma_bw
27677: | port=18515 | ib_port=1 | size=65536 | tx_depth=100 | sl=0 |
iters=1000 | duplex=0 | cma=0 |
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

So, finally, it seems that open-fabrics source&patch will work with
Solaris 11 kernel/modules/system header.

Does OI provide Solaris 11-compatible kernel and modules? Grabbing a
dev tree of Illumos?
If so, I'd like to use it to test the build of open-fabrics.

--
Syoyo