[oi-dev] 1576 update irssi package

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:48:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 20:53 +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

> In general, if you move packages from another consolidation into
> oi-build please at least check the original package.

Right problem defined at the wrong level: we don't want participation in
porting to gate on checking all the legacy build systems, so what we
really need to do is provide a directory of existing packages and where
they're maintained so that new contributors need learn as little as
possible about their plumbing. I think DeanoC might have been working on
such a directory, and I had this information worked into the CVE audit
reports from a few months back.