[oi-dev] 1576 update irssi package

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:55:52 UTC 2011

Hi Josef,

On 2 Oct 2011, at 01:29, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:

> Any issues with merging this?
>
> http://hg.31bits.net/oi/oi-build-irssi/rev/32d69da311d7
>
> (https://www.illumos.org/issues/1576)

Great work on this - Guido obviously caught most of the bloopers (good finds Guido!).

Thought I'd mention that JDS might not deliver initial configuration files because it predated IPS and the beauty of preserve=true. If it's common for distros to ship irssi.conf then we probably should too, with preserve=true set on the .p5m line.

I'd probably add the preserve=true via a transform so its less likely to disappear when someone updates the .p5m file by replacing the file list. I'd also set the mode to 644 since pkg defaults to 444, which is fine for non-editable files:

<transform file path=.*/etc/irssi.conf -> default preserve true>
<transform file path=.*/etc/irssi.conf -> default mode 0644>

Looking forward to a revised changeset to review!

Cheers,

Alasdair