[oi-dev] Continuous Integration Improvements

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Mon Oct 10 01:58:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 01:40:05AM +0100, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Behold: http://ci-master.uk.openindiana.org/
>
> I have a bulk build of everything in progress, and after each successful
> package install, it will publish to
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/experimental/
>
> This is exactly what we have been after for some time now :-)
>
> It should hopefully be very satisfying for developers to see their work go
> very rapidly from http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/ to the public repo
> for all to use.
>
> The /experimental repo needs more work - the pkg version in the repo at
> present is somewhat broken due to linked images, and there will no doubt
> be other sources of breakage, but at least we now have a strong base to
> work from.

First of all...very cool!

I hope to add the new repo to some of my systems to start benefiting from
the additional/updated software.

Now, the questions/issues... :)

The catalog [1] lists (or it says that it lists 59 packages.  There are
about 160 directories in oi-build/components.  Are things still building?
Are some of them not publishing?  Is the repo broken (out of date index)?

It looks like I'll be pushing out irssi to oi-build in the next day or two.
Sadly, that's included in the gnome-incorporation.  /experimental has
entire, sfw-incorporation, etc. but nothing to "fix" JDS.

Jeff.

[1] http://pkg.openindiana.org/experimental/en/catalog.shtml

--
It used to be said [...] that AIX looks like one space alien discovered
Unix, and described it to another different space alien who then implemented