[oi-dev] Continuous Integration Improvements

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:41:02 UTC 2011

Hi Jeff,

On 10 Oct 2011, at 02:58, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:
> First of all...very cool!
>
> I hope to add the new repo to some of my systems to start benefiting from
> the additional/updated software.

Remember to be careful - here be dragons etc ;-)

> Now, the questions/issues... :)
>
> The catalog [1] lists (or it says that it lists 59 packages.  There are
> about 160 directories in oi-build/components.  Are things still building?
> Are some of them not publishing?  Is the repo broken (out of date index)?

Everything is built, but the publishing stage (publishing to the local repo after a build) has been failing on a lot of packages due to pkgdepend errors. The errors are a result of me switching from "oi-build" as a publisher to "oi-experimental". This was so that the ci-build box can easily publish to pkg.oi.o/experimental without needing a lengthy set-publisher phase. I'm working on this and everything should be published soon.

Moving forwards it won't be an issue - it will "just work".

> It looks like I'll be pushing out irssi to oi-build in the next day or two.
> Sadly, that's included in the gnome-incorporation.  /experimental has
> entire, sfw-incorporation, etc. but nothing to "fix" JDS.

I've just shipped an empty gnome-incorporation to /experimental:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/experimental/info/0/pkg%3A%2F%2Foi-experimental%2Fconsolidation%2Fgnome%2Fgnome-incorporation%400.5.11%2C5.11-1.1%3A20111010T103810Z

Looking forward to irssi. Adding new bits of software requires running a script on the ci-master box then prodding jenkins to reload its config files. I'm going to try to find a way to do that automagically.

Cheers,

Alasdair