[oi-dev] review for 1619: Mercurial needs to transition to python2.6

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:23:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 14:57 -0400, Richard Lowe wrote:
> I think that that looks correct.
>
> That said, you're unlikely to find anyone overly thrilled by the idea
> of rebuilding (all of) SFW, so you may want to check if folks are
> willing to dock a new package and re-import to get the update, or
> whether they'd prefer an oi-build based way to do it, or... well, I
> don't know.

To try to put it briefly: if I were really moving forward, I'd that in
oi-build (where a later version of Mercurial is already in place for
sustaining). As I'm just doing some minor shifting (sideways instead of
forward, as it were), it seemed simpler to do this with the existing
build system, which I'm modestly tweaking for the package.