[oi-dev] Request for volunteers: Building LibreOffice

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 12:25:51 UTC 2011

Gary,

Ref: https://www.illumos.org/issues/684

I did some of the initial work on porting LibreOffice 3.4.3.2 to OpenIndiana oi_151. LibreOffice 3.4.3.2 passed all of the basic configure checks on OpenIndiana's oi_151a (which is very good) so that is not a problem. I worked through 30% of the code using GCC 3.4.3. A few of the additional features required 1-2 packages not in OI-IPS - but nothing major.

Glad to the LibreOffice developers/other maintainers involved in the port!

Good luck,
~ Ken Mays