[oi-dev] Are there any active healthchecks for SMF in general?

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:05:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:
> 2012-04-18 18:33, Bayard Bell написал:
>
>> tl;dr
>>
>> Seems like an upstream question (illumos-gate and/or illumos-userland).
>>
>> Even in terms of the upstream, we don't really do RFEs unless there's
>> enough interest in the issue that someone's likely to write some code.
>

> "tldr" is my problem of sorts ;)

I have the same problem at times.

> Still, this was not so much an RFE per se, but rather a statement
> that "I have to make such-and-such workaround too often", so I do
> have solutions to the problem. I wonder if the problem annoys/bugs
> others too, if they want the solution, and if my approach is sane
> and/or acceptable.

Factor into distinct and clear problems; circulate those to upstream
developer lists for the referenced project and ask whether there's
interest in taking solutions on board. If you already have code
written, so much the better, but it's still better to explain what
problem you're trying to solve if you want to upstream it.

Cheers,
Bayard