[oi-dev] Do a "text install" using the (full) desktop boot image?

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:52:33 UTC 2012

Is there a relatively easy way to do a "text install" once booted from
the (full) desktop boot/installer image?
I have a machine where, for its first install, it's easiest to just
put a "head" on it, but after the initial setup, it will be
"headless".

It occurs to me that the full desktop install could probably also
support text install, i.e. if you boot it with text console selected.
Unfortunately, the text mode installer does not seem to be present.
If this worked, maybe one would not even need a separate "text
install" boot image.  Just use the desktop image booted in text mode.
 Just a thought...

Thanks,
--
Gordon Ross <gwr at nexenta.com>