[oi-dev] oi_151a5 ixgbe trouble

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Wed Aug 22 11:51:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I tried to update my oi_151 to oi_151a5. The pkg image-update did it's
work. I rebooted into the new BE, then I experienced that everything works
except my 10GE Intel card. The interface seemed up in ifconfig -a, the
switch showed the ports also as up, but it didn't communicate. Don't even an
orphaned ping packet could leave the interface...
I rebooted into the old oi_151 BE, and everything just worked, so I
destroyed then the new BE...

Any Idea?

If it helps, here is a snippet from prtconf -d -D:
        pci10de,376 (pciex10de,376), instance #8 (driver name: pcieb)
            pci8086,3 (pciex8086,10fb), instance #0 (driver name: ixgbe)
            pci8086,3 (pciex8086,10fb), instance #1 (driver name: ixgbe)

The hardware is a SunFire X4540, the 10GE card is not part of the base
system, it was placed into later, into one of the thre PCI-E slot.

Cheers,
György Pásztor