[oi-dev] ntfs-3g and fuse

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 21 09:52:37 UTC 2012

Hi Milan,

Milan Jurik wrote:
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> On 21.08.2012 11:13, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
> [...]
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2008-08/msg00065.html
>>
>> This bug was analyzed to be a fuse kernel module bug, but nobody
>> apparently
>> fixed it at the time. This was one of the bugs I fixed last January :
>> it was
>> just caused by fuse not returning the error code to the caller.
>>
>> I have just noticed that the fuse kernel module was recompiled on sfe on
>> August 6th, and this is just recompiling the buggy version, with no
>> value
>> added to anybody. It is very buggy and looks like it has never been
>> debugged. I had to make about 40 fixes.
>>

> It should contain few fixes from
> http://src.opensolaris.cz/source/xref/spec-files-extra/patches/fuse-01-jean-pierre.diff
> already but I was busy with fixing other things before I can look at
> your latest version of it. My fault and I plan to fix it soon.

Well, good news if you spare some time on it.
I can help, of course.

It would be nice if the full history of my changes is
preserved. This is in
http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/fuse-kernel-updates.zip

It would be even be nicer if this was put on a source management
repository. I would have put it on sourceforge as git, but
this is probably not allowed by the CDDL license.

Regards

Jean-Pierre