[oi-dev] Resignation as OI Lead

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Aug 29 12:31:04 UTC 2012

2012-08-29 5:18, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> It is with much sadness that I hereby resign as project lead. I may, if
> the situation improves under a new project lead, stick around to offer
> my opinion or occasional assistance, but my resignation is final; I have
> no wish to return to the project in a leadership capacity.

Well, it is sure with a heavy heart that one hears (or makes) such news.
I sure hope that we'll see and hear more of you again, and that the
project does not wither in one way or another.

You and me did have some different and sometimes opposing views on what
OI should be doing and what is intended to look like (i.e. regarding
SVR4 support for importing old local zones from SXCE/Sol10, SPARC distro
and stuff like that); still, I prefer to stick with OpenIndiana as long
as possible - as the most "understandable" descendant of OpenSolaris.

At least, having the common gate infrastructure and building docs in
place does leave hope that your personal resignation automatically
dooms and closes this wonderful project. Thanks for keeping the servers
running ;)

And certainly thanks for coping with us for so long and making this
distro a reality - however strange it may be after all. I still hope
that commercial implementations and sales of support for OI would
happen and help maintain the project with paybacks/donations/etc.

//Jim Klimov