[oi-dev] Resignation as OI Lead

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:38:55 UTC 2012

<snip>

> Think of why no open developer has ported LibreOffice,
> whose original design comes AFAIK from Sun.

I got to the point that this almost compiled on an OI u4 machine (and
I'm not ex-Sun) delivering my changes back to LibreOffice.

Most of the changes in the LO code were to remove the Sun Compiler
stuff, so I was working to get it all working with GCC.

I am not the only one trying to do this, in fact I am still being
emailed about changes that are being made by others who have the time
and the resources to keep testing and compiling in the changes ... I
am pretty sure that this will come.

I had to remove the code from the server I was using when my boss was
getting annoyed at certain log output errors related to malformed
autofs mounts related to the LibreOffice compiling.

Jon