[oi-dev] 1638 add a clean urxvt build to oi-build

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Sat Feb 11 14:50:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 07:53:09PM +0000, Bayard Bell wrote:
> I know that jeffpc mentioned having a patch for issues with an earlier
> version, but it wasn't attached to the issue. I don't know, either, if it's
> still applicable to the recent version to which I've just upgraded. I trust
> that will come out in the course of review.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/buffyg/oi-build/changeset/3b8c1e923e14

utmp_update is broken (it doesn't do what POSIX says it should) and so it's
really an illumos bug.  I talked with urxvt folks quite a bit about it, and
IIRC, they were going to include a workaround.  Looking at the Changelog it
looks like that didn't happen.

The copyright is wrong unless you took this from Oracle.

And three small nits...

1) Why the OSOL CDDL header instead of the Illumos CDDL header?
2) Why keep all those commented out lines in there?
3) What's the reasoning behind setting $PATH?

Jeff.

P.S. FWIW, the correct way to fix utmp_update is to rip it out and write it
from scratch.

--
If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong.
		- Linus Torvalds