[oi-dev] Lets talk about Git

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Feb 12 17:29:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Andrew Stormont píše v ne 12. 02. 2012 v 17:13 +0000:

> On 12/02/2012 16:06, "Milan Jurik" <milan.jurik at xylab.cz> wrote:
>
> >Hi Andrew,
> >
> >Andrew Stormont píše v ne 12. 02. 2012 v 14:49 +0000:
> >> Hi all,
> >>

> >> At the Illumos meetup in Brussels it was proposed that we migrate
> >> illumos-userland to GitHub.  There were several good reasons for
> >> making the switch but the two main ones were: git is faster (because
> >> most of it is written in C) and git is more popular (which hopefully
> >> means there are more people familiar with it).
> >>

> >is it really faster on Illumos? How did you measure that?
> >
> >And about familiarity - shouldn't it be more about usability/simplicity?
>
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully this will answer your questions http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/#

no, it speaks about testing one project on one platform :-)

Additionally - why should we have the 3rd different rcs for
consolidations needed for 1 distro? I believe 2 are enough.

Btw. how is status of cadmium features on git? Like recommit?

All I see from this is that git is finally learning from others how to
be user-friendly.

Best regards,

Milan