[oi-dev] Lets talk about Git

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:44:45 UTC 2012

One other refinement would spare us the need for recommit: if we required a
clone per issue, we could take all changesets that were different, make
sure they were tagged with the same issue ID/comment, and do the recommit
in putting the change to the repo feeding the CI environment.

The other thing we'd need to check is change ordering: the same dependency
expansion that checks which other packages/components need to be tested
would be able to check for overlap between the packages and force ordering
on the basis that committers always go first (because those changes don't
have to block on review) and that changes are otherwise first-come,
first-serve. Any change that fails CI goes to the back of the queue.

We'd also want to check changes that don't get directly committed against
all changes that happened between submission and approval, re-running CI as
appropriate, in case they happen to collide with another change that sailed
through.