[oi-dev] review: gcc as primary compiler

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:19:59 UTC 2012

What we've been talking about elsewhere is requiring people to have a
direct fork of the main development repo for each issue. You're asking us
to review changes against dilos-userland, which is itself a fork of
dilus-userland-review, which is private. If you want to have dilos-userland
as a playground, that's fine, but if it isn't forked in a way that allows
direct comparison on bitbucket (e.g. directly off the code base to which
you want to commit), you're asking reviewers to accept something other than
just what they can readily see. I find that runs contrary to the premise of
seeking reviews in the first place.

I don't see a compelling rationale for the more complicated arrangement
you're created, and you don't see to be offering one.