[oi-dev] 1638 add a clean urxvt build to oi-build

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:54:50 UTC 2012

Redux:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/1638

https://bitbucket.org/buffyg/oi-build-1638/compare/..buffyg/oi-build

As far as update_utmp goes, I regard it as possibly useful but not strictly
necessary. Because it's not fixed, I've simply disabled the functionality
in the build. I noticed that 9.15 adds a bit more content than did 9.12,
which is what I tested initially.

Not sure why, but this time around urxvt decided to install its own
terminal definitions, which I've added to the package and both of which
I've given cursory tests. In the course of testing that, however, I noticed
a different problem, which is that running plain urxvt for a shell causes
it to fail at startup because it can't get control of the terminal. I've
tracked down the lines that are generating this error, but I've not yet
determined the correct behavior or why I have no problems using urxvt with
tmux.

Before I ask that this be committed, I'd ask whether others are seeing this
problem in earlier version and whether most urxvt users are using it in
combination with something like screen or tmux that allows for an effective
mitigation of this issue.