[oi-dev] 1639 add ratpoison to oi-build

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:58:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Gordon Ross <gordon.w.ross at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Bayard Bell
> <buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Stormont <
> andyjstormont at gmail.com>

> >> I don't think we have agreed yet that that is what we're going to do.
>  It
> >> will be decided at the next #oi-meeting.
> >

> > I think we decided we wanted to do mirroring to gh and bb for
> > illumos-userland not too long ago, but the conversion of the canonical
> > illumos.org repos to git held that up. Given the git issue, we should
> > revisit this briefly this week.
>
> We have illumos-gate on both github and bitbucket (thanks to BDHA)
> without having converted the gate on illumos.org to git, so it would not
> appear that converting the master to git is necessary for _this_ issue.
> (Granted, you might want the master as git for other reasons.)

The ops team wanted to defer on setting up the sync because they were
looking to do canonical repo git conversions first. From the way
conversation here has drifted, I'd think that we'd quite prefer that they
not convert illumos-userland to git ATM. Also, when I asked bdha where the
mirroring was done, he couldn't find it. I'll get in touch with him for