[oi-dev] ntfs-3g and fuse

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 28 09:58:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am now releasing the fuse kernel module for OpenIndiana. Ntfs-3g
now fully passes the standard tests with this kernel module and without
need of the workarounds I had to insert earlier to cope with the bad
behavior of the fuse kernel module originated from OpenSolaris.

A few optimizations would still be useful. I might have a look at them
if there is enough demand.

Available on http://b.andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html
are three packages ready for use :

- a full ntfs-3g package in 32-bit mode with the fuse-lite library
   and ntfsprogs
- a full ntfs-3g package in 64-bit mode with the fuse-lite library
   and ntfsprogs
- a fuse kernel module package for both the 32-bit and 64-bit modes

The raw source files (not packaged according to OpenIndiana
standards) are also available there.

I am keeping these files available on line for some time. I also keep
the change sets available to whoever enters the source code of the
fuse kernel module into a public source code management
repository.

Enjoy,

Jean-Pierre