[oi-dev] Building Userland on Solaris 10

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:21:48 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2011 07:21 PM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> s10-userland is exactly for that purpose.
>
> We have a bootstrap tarball you can extract to / from here:
>
> http://svn.everycity.co.uk/public/solaris/misc/pkg5-s10-bootstrap-20110518.tar.gz
>
> This will install the IPS package manager to /ec/bin/pkg which you can then use to install packages from http://s10.pkg.ec
>
> If you want to change the prefix from /ec you'll need to rebuild everything in the s10-userland repo having modified the make rules. It's quite a big job but not impossible. There's an old and somewhat out of date but still helpful/useful video here:
>
> http://linux01.everycity.co.uk/~alasdair/Userland.mov
>
> If you encounter any issues let us know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

Happy New Year!  I'm starting to work on this project now, but I forgot
to mention that this would be on a SPARC 64bit (T2000) architecture.
Your package is for x86.  What would I need to do to build Userland on
Sol10/SPARC?  I'm prepared to adapt whatever is needed to get this to work.

Thanks.

	-John

--
John Center