[oi-dev] Addition of zabbix agent to oi-build

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:00:55 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have created my first package for oi-build - zabbix-agent. Zabbix is monitoring software used for server and service monitoring by companies all over the world.

I had some problems building the zabbix-agent (the problem is known to me, but no idea how to fix it). I found workaround, but I do not find it a proper solution. I would like to have the Makefile and other stuff reviewed. The commit can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/xenol/oi-build/changeset/93c7d6f187db

There are some things I would like to ask about:
- if the service needs to have some directories and user/group added to the system, where should I define that?
- what is the proper way to select with version to build, e.g. 64bit on 64bit CPU and 32bit on 32bit. I would like to take advantage of having 64bit software on 64bit capable CPUs.

If there are any problems regarding the Makefile, please let me know. I would like to fix them and have zabbix-agent added to the oi-build. When agent is done and committed to the oi-build, I will follow with zabbix-server and zabbix-proxy.

xenol