[oi-dev] ntfs-3g and fuse

Jean-Pierre ANDRE jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 24 14:16:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

As a maintainer of ntfs-3g, I have received bug reports on OpenIndiana. Digging into them, I found there were almost all caused by the buggy fuse kernel module, which nobody seems to care about. So I had to do it myself....

If anybody is interested, please see http://b.andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html

Bugs fixed in the fuse kernel module :

- Return st_blocks as defined by the file system
- Process the error returned by the file system on unlink()
- Do not send create() for existing files to the file system
- Delete sent messages when no reply is expected (memory leak)
- Clear the gaps left when writing beyond the end of file
- Fix the reference count on directories in order to send releasedir (memory leak)

I have still not found why the file size is limited to 2GB.

Please note I am not the maintainer or packager of fuse, so whoever wants to take it over would be welcome.

Regards

Jean-Pierre