[oi-dev] DilOS packages available for testing

Igor Kozhukhov ikozhukhov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:42:48 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I'd like to present DilOS IPS packages at repo: http://ips.dilos.org:10000/

I hope my work with updated packages should help OpenIndiana to move on new
env.
They are docs are providing for testing.
I'll be glad to share with you their experience.

DilOS can provide :
Perl-512 as default, openssl-1.0, python-26/python-27 with mediated links
and userland-gate(oracle) updates, gcc-44 for illumos-gate builds,
binutils-2.21.1 and more another updates. More updates from
userland-gate(oracle).

Packages have been built by gcc44, instead of packages described here:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/dilos-userland-pkgs-list

DilOS IPS repo contain 2 publishers:
du.dilos.org - userland packages from dilos-userland
(https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland)
dg.dilos.org - illumos-gate package from
dilos-illumos-gate(https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-illumos-gate)

You can try install it on OI dev (I have tested with fresh 151a5 based on
oi-dev-151a5-text-x86.iso) - ON NEW BE!!!
PLEASE use NEW BE for your tests!

You can find how to install DilOS packages to OI here:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/how_to_install_DilOS_package
s_to_OI

How to build illumos on new env:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/how_to_build_illumos-gate_on
_DilOS

After installation you be able to install additional packages and try to
configure DPKG zone on OI.
You can try to use this instruction:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/how_to_setup_dpkg_zone
You be able to use apt-get + dpkg for configuration of build environment for
dilos-userland or illumos.

NOTE: you can try configure DPKG zone without upgrade to DilOS packages on
OI, but you have to know that current BEADM on illumos-gate have no support
of DPKG zone.
I have updated BEADM on DilOS with support all installed zones.

I'd like to propose try to test new contributing process for dilos-userland
based on bitbucket features.
You can find how to do it here:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/dilos-userland_how_to_contri
bute

How to setup dilos-userland build env :
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/dilos-userland-build-env
Note: need validate and update list of packages for IPS based system - I'll
glad to see some volunteer :)

DilOS version scheme described here:
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-userland/wiki/DilOS_version_scheme

You are welcome with questions to freenode IRC: #dilos

---
Best regards,
Igor Kozhukhov
IRC# igork