[oi-dev] OI on SPARC???

Randy DuCharme radio.ad5gb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:03:59 UTC 2012

Agreed that SPARC is probably a 'dead' platform and tick for tick my 6 core
AMD64 screams by comparison.  SPARC has always been very reliable though
and I got mine very cheap.  Would like to see them running since they're
all still very usable machines.

I've got a Blade-2500 (2 x 1.6GHz) running Solaris 10 right now.  The older
ones (Ultra 30 and Ultra 1) run either OSOL NVxxxx or FreeBSD.  I've never
built OSOL from source but I can sure learn and would want to help any way
I can.  Like I said, OI sure impressed me when installed on the AMD64
machine!!

I'll continue searching and reading what I can.   Feel free to contact me
for anything I can do....

Thanks all!

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)