[oi-dev] New Project Lead?

Igor Kozhukhov ikozhukhov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 23:57:35 UTC 2012

Hello All,

For my opinion - Project Lead should answer on questions:
1. When new release planed for publishing
2. What components should be fixed/updated for new release
3. Road map - where we go

If we have release scheduler with road map - Project Lead should be
tracking scheduler and ask some additional leads.

We can split big project to some small groups.

For example:
1. Text components - we can split by groups
2. X11 components - we can split by groups

We can identify list of components for desktop and server sides.

And we can identify some persons who will track/leads components.

It is my proposal - my vision.

If it is possible Alasdair can continue manage OI and we can help him by
additional helps.

I can help with text components through DilOS userland.

At this moment I have checked dilos-userland components by IPS
installation to OI with upgrades - all works well for me on ipkg zone.
But I have no experience with consolidations updates - I have made clean
consolidations for resolve conflicts.

I have dilos-userland build system for builds both - IPS and DEB packages.
I have updates from userland-gate(Oracle) and builds by gcc44 (with
patches for illumos-gate).

---
Best regards,
Igor Kozhukhov