[oi-dev] Building a component package

Andreas Stenius andreas.stenius at astekk.se
Tue Sep 4 14:01:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm looking into updating the erlang package, and are working on a
clone of https://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/

I've managed to get it to build, but it fails on some package depend
stuff, complaining about some dir not being found (defined by
COMPONENT_SRC).
[ console log: http://pastebin.com/Cvvp7ny5 ]

Looking at the make files, I wonder how it could ever have worked...

the proto dirs is setup in
https://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/file/d858f73d2aa9/make-rules/ips.mk#l85
as

PKG_PROTO_DIRS += $(MANGLED_DIR) $(PROTO_DIR) $(@D) $(COMPONENT_DIR)
$(COMPONENT_SRC)

However, the component source is unpacked into a source subdirectory
of the component dir, defined by SOURCE_DIR as

SOURCE_DIR =	$(COMPONENT_DIR)/source/$(COMPONENT_SRC)

in https://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/file/d858f73d2aa9/make-rules/shared-macros.mk#l102

So, I'd guess it would work better if the PKG_PROTO_DIRS referenced
the SOURCE_DIR rather than COMPONENT_SRC,
but then again, I must assume that I'm missing something; since it
can't all be so fundamentally broken, now can it?

Any pointers to my oversight much appreciated, thank you.

//Andreas