[oi-dev] is there a vector for donating to OI?

Deirdre Straughan deirdre.straughan at joyent.com
Wed Sep 5 15:47:40 UTC 2012

I've received email from someone who wants to make a donation (of
unspecified magnitude) to OpenIndiana. They contacted me as manager of the
parent illumos community, but I think it right to turn the question over to
the OI community.

Is there any mechanism in place for taking donations? If (as I suspect)
not, the best alternative I can think of is to accept the donation to the
illumos Foundation (which is now a legal entity with a bank account and a
board, working on by-laws), and earmark it for OI. If large enough, perhaps
it could be used to fund travel for an OI representative at illumos/ZFS
Days in October: http://zfsday.com/

Your thoughts?

--

best regards,