[oi-dev] is there a vector for donating to OI?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:08:39 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 16:47, Deirdre Straughan
<deirdre.straughan at joyent.com> wrote:
<snip>

I know that it's really none of my business, since I have yet to
actually give anything except support/bugs to the community ...

I think that the money being placed with the Illumos Foundation, with
potential ring-fencing for OI is a sane idea.

> .... If large enough, perhaps it
> could be used to fund travel for an OI representative at illumos/ZFS Days in
> October: http://zfsday.com/
>
> Your thoughts?

I personally would prefer it to be set aside for OI specific bounties
... but anything that enables OI to have a more visible/vocal voice in
the Illumos community could only be seen as a good thing.