[oi-dev] is there a vector for donating to OI?

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Thu Sep 6 20:59:54 UTC 2012

At Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:46:54 -0500,
Andrew M. Hettinger wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
>
> [1.2  <text/html; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]

[...]

> The Illumos Foundation has been vary generous to provide us with hosting, support,
> and not make any real demands on us in return. I think the best with regard to this
> is to continue with our existing symbiotic relationship.

If memory serves, EveryCity and OI initially provided hosting for
Illumos??

Moreover, and I think there are others who would agree (although perhaps not
publicly), that there have been instances where the relationship was
less than "symbiotic".  Not to put too fine a point on it.

But that's just my opinion.  Others are certainly free to disagree.