[oi-dev] Notes on marking python-24 obsolete

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Aug 16 05:05:38 UTC 2013

Hello.

Warning!!! We have a live zombie here....
Python 2.4 last release was 10 years ago and it's still is not obsolete.
I feel that something is wrong.
Quick notes on making this real. Need comments and hints - especially on
xvm and SUN VTS. Where do these consolidations come from? Do we need
them?

Packages dependent on python-24:

These packages just need some work - we should  bring them or enable
them in userland:
pkg:/database/postgres-84/language-bindings
pkg:/desktop/virt-manager
pkg:/developer/versioning/mercurial

Does someone need this one? Last release in 2008...
pkg:/developer/documentation-tool/epydoc

SUN VTS ? Where does it come from? Do we need it?
pkg:/system/test/sunvts/tests

XVM ? Where does it come from?  Do we need it?
pkg:/system/virtinst
pkg:/system/xvm/header-xvm
pkg:/web/urlgrabber
pkg:/system/library/libvirt

Should be marked obsolete:
pkg:/database/postgres-82/language-bindings
pkg:/database/postgres-83/language-bindings

Not a problem:
pkg:/library/python-2/python-extra-24
pkg:/library/python-2/python-gnome-libs-24
pkg:/library/python-2/python-mysql-24
pkg:/library/python-2/python-twisted-24
pkg:/library/python-2/setuptools-24
pkg:/metapackages/gui-install