[oi-dev] readline and termcap question

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Aug 20 09:41:01 UTC 2013

On 08/20/2013 13:18, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
>
>> On 08/19/2013 19:46, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>> Our current libreadline in /hipster is not linked to libtermcap.so. This
>>> causes issues when applications don't add "-ltermcap" linker flag.
>>> We have the following patch
>>> https://hg.openindiana.org/sustaining/oi_151a/sfw-gate/rev/1d4f978df141
>>> applied in /dev.
>>
>> Currently I applied patch from /dev...
>
> BTW: what do you like to achieve?

In Oracle userland  components dependent on readline explicitly add
"-ltermcap" to LDFLAGS to avoid similar issues:
http://pastebin.com/BJnyBDta . Some applications configure scripts know
about this Solaris peculiarity, some doesn't.

I'd like programs linking with libreadline just work without explicit
linking to libtermcap. The fix is coming from OpenIndiana /dev branch:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/415

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,