[oi-dev] Compiler migration #2

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Mon Feb 11 17:39:00 UTC 2013

Hi Adam,

Since the PSARC archive at opensolaris.org no longer works, I've objection for the arc_url
removal.

More comments below.

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 12:51:46AM +0100, Adam Števko wrote:
> HI Marcel,
>
> Thanks for review. I updated the changeset.
>

> > m4:
> >
> > - minor nit: why a change at line 41 in the Makefile?
> >    1.26 -CONFIGURE_PREFIX =	/usr/gnu
> >    1.27 +CONFIGURE_PREFIX  =	/usr/gnu
> > - Some copyright related note removal in m4.license (see the MyGCN above)
> > - Oracle copyright removed from m4.p5m (see the MyGCN above)
> > - pkg.description removed from m4.p5m. why?
> > - opensolaris.arc_url removed from m4.p5m. intentional? why?
> > - otherwise: LGTM
> https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/a62dd54980b1

This is still unanswered:
- pkg.description removed from m4.p5m. why?

Otherwise: LGTM.

> > automake:
> >
> > - shouldn't the automake-1.13/automake.p5m go to a separate directory?
> >  something like automake/automake.p5m. With the current implementation
> >  once we will integrate version 1.14 we will need to move this file
> >  to a new location
> > - otherwise LGTM
>
> https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/c7c3eed4d97b

What changed here? The previous chset is no longer available si I cannot compare
myself...

> I will create meta-packages/automake in the near future alongside with other packages. For now, I am leaving it as is.

Sorry, I do not understand this. Please explain. Thanks.

> > autoconf:
> >
> > - Basically LGTM
> > - Oracle copyright removed from autoconf.p5m (see the MyGCN above)
> > - is opensolaris.arc_url removal from autoconf.p5m intentional?
>
> https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/e8e84559f159
>
> Nope, it wasn't removed intentionally. I regenerated p5m file with sample-manifest and it wasn't generated, so I didn't bother to add it there.

Did you generated the autoconf.p5m with LC_COLLATE=C?
I think you'll get less differences...

> > help2man:
> >
> > - since there is no conflict with other Solaris/illumos/OI tools I'd
> >  put this into /usr/bin/ (insteadd of /usr/gnu)
> > - otherwise: LGTM
>
> https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/3e7752f531e1
>
> I removed 'g' prefixed version of help2man. However, I left it in /usr/gnu as it is part of the gnu userland.

The rule (IIRC) is: if there is no name conflict with existing Solaris tool,
put it in /usr/bin (without prefix). If there is a conflict, put it into
/usr/gnu (w/o prefix) and into /usr/bin with the g-prefix.

Examples: bash, gettext.

Thanks.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel at telka.sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |