[oi-dev] Instructions on OI distro from scratch

tomww at opensolaris.org tomww at opensolaris.org
Sun Jan 27 18:05:34 UTC 2013

As the automatic upgrading is always upwards, it could be
usefull to insert another digit.

0.151.7.0.1
0.151.7.0.2

if you detect a problem and want go back to older code but
keep the "pkg update" method, you could use 0.151.7.1.1  .
Else you would urge users to rollback the root filesystems
or use the ending digit ".3" for the next package version,
where the number would no longer represent the code which
is form the ".1" generation.

Just an idea.

Thomas