[oi-dev] Compiler migration #2

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:42:55 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have just few things to say.

First of all, this thread was meant to get the code review for my set of patches and not trash talking about which version of GCC should be used. As OpenIndiana doesn't have userland fully buildable by GCC, I see no point in debating which version of GCC should be used. Once everything compiles with the version we currently have (gcc 4.4.4, not the one used for compiling illumos-gate), I will try to work on that as well. For now, the priority is to get rid of studio and have oi-build fully buildable by GCC. Does anyone think differently?

Secondly, I would like to ask people to stay out of this thread if it is not directly related to the code review. If you want to discuss other topics, please create new thread on the mailing list. I mean no offense to anyone, but let's stay focused on the code review.

Lastly, thanks to people who reviewed stuff. I will work on your comments tomorrow (later today) as I want to move with this stuff forward.

Thanks for understanding and cooperation.

Cheers,
Adam