[oi-dev] Sun::Solaris perl modules

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jul 23 06:41:53 UTC 2013

Good morning.
I'm looking on building Sun::Solaris perl modules for perl 5.16.
I've found http://search.cpan.org/~suncpan/ on cpan, but it contains
subset of these modules and it seems a bit old versions. The original
sources come from illumos. But when we build illumos, we use
"illumos-perl" (perl 5.10), so we don't have these modules for perl 5.16.
Just for now the most straightforward decision I see is to copy sources
to our oi-userland repository and build there for newer perl. The
possible problem  I see is asynchronous changes - on some point in time
perl 5.16 modules will not match illumos perl modules and sources should
be manually updated. What do you think?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,