[oi-dev] Release engineering // planing

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Jul 11 20:30:04 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 20:33, Piotr Jasiukajtis wrote:
> I think an updated illumos-gate packages should go into oi_151a7 first, because of NFS related BUG fix #2986.

Agreed, most NFS fixes up to now are also very interesting to us,
and illumos gate has a good peer review to trust it to be stable.

On 11/07/2013 22:06, Jonathan Adams wrote:
 > a separate dev where anything goes however allows development
 > to happen at a
 > much greater pace for initial testing, without disturbing
 > the long term future "stable"s.

At least before a stable release is in sight, a /dev repository
is a good temporary testbed before rolling out, it can select
only the more stable stuff to test, and can rest for a while
after the actual release.