[oi-dev] Release engineering // planing

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Jul 12 15:45:25 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-12 17:37, Erol Zavidic wrote:
> contributor there?I would enable Issues in Repo and start filling in
> first tasks. Easy coordination and task assignment + reduction of
> duplicate work.

Just before you all dive into this, I just wanted a short
"sanity check": what are the particular benefits of having
a separate issues database (we have OI issues together with
issues.illumos.org)? I can believe that GitHub issues are
tighter integrated with code commits (maybe, didn't use yet),
is this enough of a benefit to either have duplicate issue
tracking systems or abandoning an existing one altogether?

Maybe "yes", just wanted it to be a conscious decision ;)

And on a similar note, why not JIRA for example? It can also
hook into code-management systems :)

//Jim