[oi-dev] Release engineering // planing

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 19:18:22 UTC 2013

/dev is solid, but /hipster is ripe with breaking.  The only way to do that is to move /dev to /release and when /hipster is "mostly" stable, then move it to /dev to work out the rest of the problems before moving to /release.

This would have to be done on a mostly conservative schedule like NetBSD instead of more quickly so the stability of OI doesn't change.

But I do have a question about another branch.  What is /experimental for and how often is it updated and how is it updated?