[oi-dev] problem with firefox in hipster

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 10:14:49 UTC 2013

On 07/19/13 12:06 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>>> Welcome to the world of binary incompatiblitly, now the last
>>> fortress has finally been conquered.....
>>
>> Which moves me to think: would this example mean that legacy
>> applications built for Solaris 10 and older, running now on
>> obsolete deployments which might be targeted for upgrade to
>> OI, would likely not run on newer hipster-based GCC-compiled
>> OS releases?
>>

> I had Oracle 10gR2/11gR2 running on OpenSolaris b134 at home. I'm
> eager to check it on OI-hipster, but don't have enough time. Something
> tells me it is likely to fail..
Maybe it would work before 2013-07-14 12:21 Hipster.
Maybe that is the lesson to keep breaking stuff to itself and/or not
using it in any production.

Please don't try in Hipster, it is rolling release, hot even /dev.
Try latest OI /dev, saying 151a7 , that you can upgrade from opensolaris
134, anyway.