[oi-dev] problem with firefox in hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Jul 19 10:53:31 UTC 2013

On 07/19/2013 14:14, Nikola M. wrote:
> On 07/19/13 12:06 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>>> Which moves me to think: would this example mean that legacy
>>> applications built for Solaris 10 and older, running now on
>>> obsolete deployments which might be targeted for upgrade to
>>> OI, would likely not run on newer hipster-based GCC-compiled
>>> OS releases?

> Please don't try in Hipster, it is rolling release, hot even /dev.
> Try latest OI /dev, saying 151a7 , that you can upgrade from opensolaris
> 134, anyway.

There is no longer opensolaris there. Migrated to FreeBSD in 2011 and
rarely regret about this ;)

About current problem - Andrzej identified the reason - zlib update.
Need advices on fixing this.

If we roll back zlib update, we need some ugly hack to update existing
installations.
The other idea is to identify incompatible changes and isolate them with
symbol versioning. I have no idea if it is possible and how hard it is.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,