[oi-dev] perl 5.16

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Jul 20 20:15:29 UTC 2013

ken mays писал 20.07.2013 21:07:
> Alexander,
>
> So, Perl 5.16.x is the 100% replacement of the Perl 5.10.x package?
> Cool.

No, I've written in openindiana-discuss what's missing:
a) subversion modules (need to build subversion in oi-userland - the
last time I tried I had to deal with old perl, so it seems to be rather
possible)
b) postgresql dbi module (have to port postgresql-84 and 92 (or
93-beta?) to userland
c) the most interesting part - Solaris-specific modules  -
module/sun-solaris

and I've spoled xml-parser module. Initially I just took Oracle version.
It was wrong - it has 5.12 major version. When I ported it to standard
framework for building perl modules it became 2.14.
So we have 3 packages (it's normal for perl):
xml-parser-516  (Perl 5.16)
xml-parser-5100 (Perl 5.10.0)

and xml-parser (version 5.12, which has optional dependency on
xml-parser-516)
and xml-parser (version 2.14, which has optional dependencies on
xml-parser-516 and xml-parser-5100)

Evidently, earlier package hides newer package.
It's not a problem just now (because it's a meta-package and doesn't
conflict with anything), but it's a potential problem, if we look at
perl-518 and further.
---