[oi-dev] libtool update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sun Jul 21 01:09:01 UTC 2013

Hello.

ken mays писал 21.07.2013 04:00:
> Alexander,
>

> Will you be updating libtool soon in /hipster?
>
> GNU libtool 2.4.2
>
> See: https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/libtool/Makefile

I've just disabled building perl 5.10 modules, because perl fixed with
gcc flags failed to work with illumos cw. I'm happy that we found it out
in two days. We still have to figure out what's wrong with libz (it
seems to be the next thing I'd like to do).
I haven't thought about libtool (and possibly it was wrong). There are
two questions.
Why is it important now?
How do we test this upgrade? (the second question is the main one). As I
see it, this update influence all consolidations. I think that libtool
update is a good thing, but we have to test it. At least someone has to
rebuild oi-userland, illumos-gate and preferrably JDS/X11 with updated
libtool before actually updating it.

If we speak about priorities, for now, I see the following tasks ( I'm
going to look myself at least at 1-3 and 5):
1) Add missing modules for perl5.16 and make it default
2) Add recent databases - we have really old mysql 5.1 and postgresql
8.4
3) By the way add to oi-userland or update things that don't require
much work - like subversion, perhaps look at bacula, add php-fpm service
4) Fix python 2.7 - seems, it requires updating IPS
5) add some new user software (like libevent => nginx), apache24
6) JDS,JDS,JDS - we need something to rebuild and import it quickly
7) the same, but with less priority - for other consolidations
---