[oi-dev] xchat, Firefox dumps core, OI logo xlock broken, last 2 hipster updates

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:34:01 UTC 2013

On 07/21/13 02:57 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello, all.
> I've made a fix to zlib which at least allows firefox 10 (coming with
> hipster) to run locally.
>
> Please, update your systems and test if it works for you.
Hi, updated , starded FF10, cored.
FF22 actually runs but it cores when I trigger it by trying to upload
files to mega.co.nz

Maybe it could be good idea to test updates more intensively, before
putting them to work in Hipster. (like zlib breakage of many apps) Maybe
called Zipster? :P
Hipster is called rolling release. I suppose none was thinking about
always broken release, but one that works, but rolling. And after
rolling enough, becomes /dev ?
And after bunch of devs, have one supported /stable, that OI can have
/update publisher for.

As I remember in Opensolaris days, there got to be some internal rolling
release like that, but people usually got /dev in some time periods, so
they can at the same time test it and use it.
And bugs got reported on those /dev releases and role of rolling release
was to fix them untill next /dev and do more good things in between.

Since that role now is on the Hipster (reporting bugs) there should be
some pre-rolling one and treat /dev like a product.
Until everything grows up to the point when /dev becomes /dev.