[oi-dev] xchat, Firefox dumps core, OI logo xlock broken, last 2 hipster updates

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:39:16 UTC 2013

Hi Nikola,
I just updated and actually can run FF 10.0.12 on my laptop without any
issue.
I have no plugin installed though.
Best,

Aurelien

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Nikola M. <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/21/13 02:57 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> > Hello, all.
> > I've made a fix to zlib which at least allows firefox 10 (coming with
> > hipster) to run locally.
> >
> > Please, update your systems and test if it works for you.
> Hi, updated , starded FF10, cored.
> FF22 actually runs but it cores when I trigger it by trying to upload
> files to mega.co.nz
>
> Maybe it could be good idea to test updates more intensively, before
> putting them to work in Hipster. (like zlib breakage of many apps) Maybe
> called Zipster? :P
> Hipster is called rolling release. I suppose none was thinking about
> always broken release, but one that works, but rolling. And after
> rolling enough, becomes /dev ?
> And after bunch of devs, have one supported /stable, that OI can have
> /update publisher for.
>
> As I remember in Opensolaris days, there got to be some internal rolling
> release like that, but people usually got /dev in some time periods, so
> they can at the same time test it and use it.
> And bugs got reported on those /dev releases and role of rolling release
> was to fix them untill next /dev and do more good things in between.
>
> Since that role now is on the Hipster (reporting bugs) there should be
> some pre-rolling one and treat /dev like a product.
> Until everything grows up to the point when /dev becomes /dev.

LARCHER Aurélien            | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42   | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 5
Mob.: +46 (0) 7 09 46 40 17 | 100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN