[oi-dev] OI hipster status

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 22:35:00 UTC 2013

Hi All

Just a quick update.

In the past weeks David Höppner and Alexander Pyhalov committed a
number changes to the oi-userland repo. Their enabled or updated
packages almost immediately became available in the
pkg.openindiana.org/hipster package repository. Thanks for doing it
guys!

Alexander is patiently working on integrating g++ related illumos
header changes to the illumos-gate itself which is awesome.

Last week I spent some time on repackaging latest redistributable Sun
Studio from the legacy OpenSolaris repo and getting it published to
the /hipster repo. lint and dmake from it should be sufficient for
building illumos-gate with patched gcc 4.4.4. Next item on my todo
list is creating illumos-gate component. Idea is to provide nightly or
even continuous updates of the ON bits directly in the /hipster repo.
At least until someone kills IPS manifests upstream :)

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland is accepting pull requests
by the way. Don't be shy if you would like to update something or add
new packages.

Cheers,

Andrzej