[oi-dev] Stalled on getting LibreOffice to work

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 20:32:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Andy Stormont <andyjstormont at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Peter.
>
> What problems are you using LD_ALTEXEC to sidestep?  In my experience gnu
> ld will quite happily generate binaries which are broken, and while the
> illumos linker does like to complain a lot - most of the time it has a good
> reason.

Thanks for chiming in.

It doesn't work without :-(

Bits of the build (which is some private build system that seems very
complex and hard to get into the guts of to fix things) keep sending
gnu-specific flags. It takes a few seconds to give up with

[build LNK] Executable/cpp
ld: fatal: unrecognized option '-O'
ld: fatal: unrecognized option '-1'
ld: fatal: use the -z help option for usage information

not to mention things like

[build DEP] LNK:CppunitTest/libtest_basic_vba.so

But it's been a while. I've been bashing at this for 6 months on
and off, certainly LibreOffice 4 is far cleaner than LibreOffice 3
ever was (thanks largely to some of the early efforts by Jonathan
Adams and others) so it's possible that some of these options might
be easier to work around now. I think that particular usage comes from

solenv/gbuild/platform/solaris.mk

so let me see what the build looks like now.

(One thing I didn't mention - I've tried using gcc both with the
illumos as and the gnu as, and that doesn't make any difference.)

--
-Peter Tribble