[oi-dev] Broadcom BCM4312 on OpenIndiana

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 26 18:18:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have uploaded the source code of a new beta version of
the Windows Wireless emulator on :
http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/ndis.1.3.beta6.tar.gz

This is based on Bill Paul's emulator ndis-1.2.6, and it
emulates the Windows NDIS5 interface. There is no much
more features than the previous version based on ndis-1.2.2
I uploaded two weeks ago, I however suppose the existing
features were improved or fixed.

The tarball contains the file bcm4312.html which is the
recipe for building the driver. A few modifications will
probably needed to be made to the Makefile, which I did
not (and cannot) test myself.

As previously mentioned, I have used the files
bcmwl564.sys and bcmwl5.inf from a file named R174291.exe
available on the Internet. This driver works correctly on
my hardware and I have not tested any other driver.

I have also uploaded the executables for ndiscvt and ndisapi
for users wanting to avoid the most part of the driver
building. The Broadcom-copyrighted part is not included
and has to be built from a driver for Windows.

These executables are in
http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/ndis.1.3.execbeta6.tar.gz

Enjoy,

Jean-Pierre